Other Community Resources
- Urban Harvest (urbanharvest.org)
Urban Harvest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through gardening education. They help build gardens at schools for education, in neighborhoods for community growth, and at places of worship for donation to feed the hungry.
- Pax Christi Pax Christi USA strives to create a world that reflects the Peace of Christ by exploring, articulating, and witnessing to the call of Christian nonviolence.
- Houston Peace & Justice Center The mission of the Houston Peace and Justice Center is to enhance the work of institutions and organizations in the Houston area that promote non-violence, human rights, and economic, social, and environmental justice.
- Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TDAP)
The Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP) is a grassroots Texas organization comprised of individuals and groups who work to end the death penalty in all cases, everywhere.
- Network of Care (national site)
Network of Care is a highly interactive, single information place where consumers, community-based organizations and municipal government workers all can go to easily access a wide variety of important information. The resources in this “virtual community” include a fast, comprehensive Service Directory; links to pertinent Web sites from across the nation; a comprehensive, easy-to-use Library; a political advocacy tool; community message boards; and many others.