- Tiny Hope Village in Bryan/College Station, TX
A permanent housing solution for people who have experienced homelessness in the Bryan/College Station/Hearne area, and a community of support that sees the dignity in us all.
- Conroe House of Prayer (CHOP): Multi-Purpose Facility Hosting Church Services for the Poor & Homeless. CHOP is a safe place where those who spend most of their time fighting to survive can find rest, nourishment and essential connections to people who understand them and have their backs. Most of the people who come through our doors have been forgotten and dismissed by society. We desire to change that! We want to get to know them inside and out. Instead of just providing them a service, we want to love them as God loves us! They are our brothers and sisters. They are us, and we are them.
- Urban Harvest (urbanharvest.org)
Urban Harvest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through gardening education. They help build gardens at schools for education, in neighborhoods for community growth, and at places of worship for donation to feed the hungry.
- Pax Christi Pax Christi USA strives to create a world that reflects the Peace of Christ by exploring, articulating, and witnessing to the call of Christian nonviolence.
- Houston Peace & Justice Center The mission of the Houston Peace and Justice Center is to enhance the work of institutions and organizations in the Houston area that promote non-violence, human rights, and economic, social, and environmental justice.
- Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TDAP)
The Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP) is a grassroots Texas organization comprised of individuals and groups who work to end the death penalty in all cases, everywhere.
- Network of Care (national site)
Network of Care is a highly interactive, single information place where consumers, community-based organizations and municipal government workers all can go to easily access a wide variety of important information. The resources in this “virtual community” include a fast, comprehensive Service Directory; links to pertinent Web sites from across the nation; a comprehensive, easy-to-use Library; a political advocacy tool; community message boards; and many others.